To start off with I have been searching for different things to do with my kids this summer so they are not bored and we can have lot of fun together. So I have found a few from pinterest and I will post the link to the sites and some I thought up. If they don't have a link I will give as much directions as can since I haven't completed them yet and will post pictures as soon as we check them off our list!
1) Make a Coloring Book/Art Book cover from these directions A girl and a glue gun. Feel free to change it around as you would like to fit your little artist preference. I have one that loves to color and one that loves to draw. These will be great in the car for traveling this summer and at home
*The kids can help by choosing: the fabric, what goes inside it, what design is on the cover.
2) Make a book of "ABC Scripture Cards" from I can teach my child with FREE PRINTABLE'S! Or you can create your own with the scripture starting with each letter of the alphabet. Make sure you lets the kids make them colorful!
3) Invent your own bubble wands from your Kitchen with directions at I can teach my child. She even gives you a recipe for making your own bubbles. I can't wait to try this. I think we will also break a GLOW STICK and add it to our bubble mixture and do this outside at night and have glowing bubbles!
4) INVENT YOUR OWN CAKE use directions and printable's from I can teach my child. My son loves to cook and most kids do. He will have a blast with this one and so will you! Be creative and LET YOUR CHILD CHOOSE THEIR RECIPE from the printable sheets!
5) Make Alphabet Magnets like Nice girl notes and then let the kids have fun making new words on the fridge or dishwasher!
6) Make your own t-shirt art with Sand Paper & Crayons like Alphamom. This is so easy its crazy I have never heard of this until now!
7) Make a bird feeder with a toilet paper roll! Super easy & cheap! Get directions from The moffatt girls. Then enjoy watching the birds as they come to eat!
8) Make your own Lava Lamp like come together kids! Easy and fun!
9) Make an Angry Bird Pizza! Have fun cooking with your child!
10) Make a Marshmallow Shooter like come together kids and have a blast! My son is going to love this one!
11) Have a movie picnic night! Lay a large blanket down in your living room, put on a movie and have your picnic right there.
12) Collect stuff from your vacation to create a Christmas ornament to add to your tree this year. If you go to the beach collect sand, seashells, and etc.
13) Go on a photo shoot! You can choose Shapes or Alphabet Photo shoot. Get the camera, notebook & pencil and drive to the nearest city. Then go around a find something and photograph it such as "Apple Street sign" for A. Then your child can write something about it if they would like. When your finished print the pictures out and let your child create a Alphabet Photo shoot book. This can be as simple as gluing them to construction paper or making a digital album and printing.
14) Geo caching~it's like a scavenger hunt. Go to Geocaching.com to get started!
15) Visit a town you have never been to and learn some history about it.
16) Participate in the Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program HERE. It's easy, your child reads 8 books, writes down the title and author and who they recommend the book to. Take the journal sheet to B&N and choose a FREE book from their.
17) Write your own book and create it and have it printed out or make it yourself!
18) Go garage sale shopping! You never know what you will find!
19) Have a backwards day! Eat Dinner food for breakfast and breakfast food for dinner and switch as many things as you can around and do them backwards. Make it fun!
20)Collect rocks and paint them and add goggle eyes and yarn for hair and make rock people.
21) Let your child paint a chair for their desk chair in their room. Prime the chair and then give the Acrylic craft paint and let them become Picasso! Make sure you do this outside or in garage and even put a tarp down so nothing is ruined. Then when they are finished put a couple of coats of a sealer on it.
22) Have a date with your child~Mother/Son Date & Daddy/Daughter Date. Be creative!
23) Visit an Art Museum!
(If you or your spouse is in the Military, go to Blue star museums and find a list of museums that offer FREE admission to Military families from Memorial Day~Labor Day)
24) Go to the zoo!
25) Go on a hike in a park State Park near you!
26) Go to the library and check out books and even go when they have story time.
27) Volunteer at your Local Animal Shelter and walk the dogs or just give the animals a little love and attention!
28) Camp out in your back yard!
29) Build a Fort! Whether you choose to build one in your living room with sheets or in your woods with sticks and broken branches your kids are sure to enjoy playing in it!
30) Go to a Festival in a town near you!
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Project 365 is a big deal to me. Its not always easy to remember to take a picture every day so I set a reminder on my phone. SO far so good and I have even got the first two weeks in the album. I just hope I can keep this up and finish it. Here are a few pictures and then a few of the album. Hope you enjoy! A lot of these were taken with my phone camera since it was a in the moment shot. Also feel free to leave your comments maybe you can give me some different ideas on shots to take.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
These were fun to make and quite easy. All you need is an old wine bottle soak it and peal the label off and make sure its dry. Then I uses white spray paint and paint one coat all over the bottle. Next take spray adhesive and spray the bottle and sprinkle epsom salt on it and your done. These are really cute with sticks in them.
Posted by Danielle Moore at 1:23 AM
Three weeks before Christmas I had the idea of getting my husband a gift card to the Animal shelter for Christmas. He had been wanting to get a cat. So I was looking on pet finder and ran across a shelter that had 2 red tabby's which was just what he wanted, they had a deal going on until Christmas I couldn't turn down. So I asked my hubby if he wanted to go ahead and pick one out now instead of going to get a gift card and going back to pick out a cat. So the deal was if you donate a new toy for toys for totes you could adopt a cat for $20! Which is an awesome deal when the cat has had all its shots, microchipped, and spayed. So off we went to get some toys. We came back and walked in the room with the kittens and they had a set of siblings that were red and a set that had a red tabby and a brown tabby. The moment the brown tabby looked up at me I knew I had to have her, and of course my husband and son loved the red one. So we bought 4 toys for the kids and bought 2 kittens. Nothing could make me happier that day than helping kids and saving two kitty's lives at the same time!
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
This year I wanted to make everyone in my family a keepsake ornament. I had many different ideas and the first one I chose to do was the Santa on a sea shell. We went to Jekyll Island, GA in September and I gathered lots of shells in different sizes with intent on making these. I think they turned out pretty good.
Next I wanted I made snow mean from sand dollars. I loved this idea and made these for my tree. I painted the sand dollars in a pearl white and then I used the hot glue gun to glue the 3 sand dollars together. Next I used paint pins to draw the face. I then glued a peice of ribbon for the scarf and voila.
The last one i made with sea shells I painted the beach in side of a shell and hot glued a bow on the top.
The last ornaments I made I took clear glass ball ornaments and used paint pins to draw on them and then I tied different ribbons on the top.
Posted by Danielle Moore at 11:43 AM